Advanced HCV Diagnostics
Advanced HCV Diagnostics is a testing regimen for HCV infected patients to determine if they will develop further complications. HCV patients have the risk of developing liver disease after 10-30 years of infection. The major non-hepatic complications of HCV infection are the lymphoproliferative diseases, mixed cryoglobulinemia vasculitis and B cell lymphoma.
Advanced HCV Diagnostics are performed on patients that have the HCV infection. These tests can detect prognostic markers that indicate that a dormant lymphoproliferative disease may appear at a later time. These patients may then be treated with anti-HCV drugs and prevent the development of these complicating diseases.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Blood samples taken from current HCV patients
- Prognostic markers identified in blood of HCV patients
- Screening process for the development of cryoglobulinemic systemic vasculitis
- Screening process for the development of B cell malignancies
- Diagnosed in patients with no symptoms
- Early detection allows treatment and prevents development of cryoglobulinemic vasculitis
- Early detection allows treatment and prevents development of B cell malignancies
Advanced HCV Diagnostics is the first way to identify prognostic markers in the blood of an HCV patient for the lymphoproliferative complications of Hepatitis C. These complications include cryoglobulinemic vasculitis and B cell malignancies, which have more severe morbidity and mortality than the complication of cirrhosis of the liver.
Since symptoms of these diseases typically do not present until 10-30 years after viral infection, early detection and treatment is vital. Blood from current HCV patients is analyzed, searching for the markers that indicate future complications. By using Advanced HCV Diagnostics, complications from HCV can be reduced or eliminated, and many patients’ lives will be improved.
The Advanced HCV Diagnostics is covered by United States Utility Patent: 9,719,141
For additional information, licensing opportunities, and a full prospectus on the Advanced HCV Diagnostics contact:
VP of Business Development