The SlapSwitch™ technology is a group of five patents, four of which are in the United States and one in Canada. These may be divided into two major categories, the wired version and the wireless version. This technology applies not only to Smartphones, but also to a vast array of electronic products.
WIRED TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
The wired, or hard-wired, technology is protected under United States Patent numbers 9,742,895; 9,319,509; and Canadian patent 2,811,038. SlapSwitch™ wired technology consists primarily of a unique, very thin switch with a broad surface area that can be worn on the outside of clothing, with connection to the user’s Smartphone and headset for safe, hands-free operation, even while engaged in vigorous activity. This technology can be applied to cell phones and other small, electronic devices, such as two-way radios. The SlapSwitch™ allows the user to mute music and take calls, or terminate calls and start music during an activity, just by gently slapping the triangular switch. It is the easiest and best solution for anyone who needs to stay connected at all times, such as contractors who frequently have their hands full when clients call, or those who want to enjoy their favorite music while engaged in active sports, such as skiing or mountain biking. The wired SlapSwitch™ is presently being sold in two models, the “HeadCom System” and the “Uni”.
The SlapSwitch™ HeadCom™ consists of the SlapSwitch™ connected via a patented, magnetic breakaway connector to headphones, and a microphone which can be mounted with included Velcro™ strips to the inside of a hat or helmet, or fit inside the included skull cap. The skull cap is made of a sheer spandex material that has been used extensively in the ski industry for helmet liners due to its comfort and durability. Equipped with high quality, slimline headphones nestled securely in pockets over the ears, the SlapSwitch™ HeadCom™ system delivers crystal clear sound in even the most adverse conditions. Being heard comes with ease as well, with a noise cancelling microphone located in the chin strap.
The SlapSwitch™ Uni™ universal headset adapter allows a user to connect the SlapSwitch™ with any 3rd-party headset of their choice. The SlapSwitch™ Uni™ provides safe and instant access to phone calls and audio control, and is the best way to enjoy a favorite headset, headphones, or headphones and microphone hands-free.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Hands-free operation of cell phone, audio system, or two-way radio
- Can be used while participating in extreme sports
- No need to remove protection items to answer phone (gloves, helmets, etc.)
- Reduces damaging falls to communication devices
- One touch starts or stops calls instantly
- One touch enables switching from music to phone or two-way radio
- Hear comfortably when wearing a hat, helmet or other headgear
- High quality headphones (no ear buds) within skull cap
- Noise-cancelling microphone for better sound
- Patented magnetic breakaway connector
- Comfortable to wear for long periods
- Comfortable to wear during vigorous activity
- Communication options for individuals, a group, or multiple groups
- Wired and Wireless options available
WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
The “wireless” technology is protected under United States patent numbers 10,165,101 and 9,742,890. SlapSwitch™ wireless technology also consists of a unique, very thin switch with a broad surface area that can be worn on the outside of clothing with wireless connection to the user’s Smartphone and headset for safe, hands-free operation, even while engaged in vigorous activity. This technology, like the wired version, can also be applied to cell phones and other small electronic devices, such as two-way radios.
The SlapSwitch™ wireless technology (Code name: BitchenSwitch™) has not yet been incorporated into a product line as of this writing. However, it is important to note that this technology includes fundamental changes in wireless device control.
- The SlapSwitch™ BitchenSwitch™ wireless controller can control a plurality of users’ headsets. This feature allows a group of people to tune into one or another’s music so everyone is hearing the same sound track, while allowing individual users to accept and terminate calls independently from the group while allowing the group to hear the call, or not, depending on the programmable selection. The uses of this feature are as varied as the imagination, but synchronized skiing, or synchronized equestrian demonstrations come to mind. First responders and search and rescue teams would also find this feature useful.
- The SlapSwitch™ BitchenSwitch™ wireless controller also allows groups of users to be connected to other groups within range of the device, if desired. This feature is an extension of the previously listed feature, but is unique in that groups can remain connected to members of their group, but also connect to other groups at will.
- The SlapSwitch™ BitchenSwitch™ wireless controller can originate or pass control of a plurality of wireless protocols between devices. This feature allows a Bluetooth receiver to be connected to a WiFi access point for example, and the SlapSwitch™ wireless device can pass control to each of the different communication protocols in both directions. The principal novelty of this feature lies in the system’s ability to control multiple devices, potentially operating with different communication protocols chosen from at least one of any existing wireless communication protocols.
The SlapSwitch™ BitchenSwitch™ wireless controller has applications well beyond the field of Smartphones. Essentially, almost any conceivable electronic device with any conceivable wireless control protocol can be controlled with this technology, and can be paired with any other wireless device, such that control may be passed in both directions. Given the proliferation of wireless consumer devices and the “Internet of Things” (IoT), this technology has far reaching ramifications for licensees who seek to expand their market share.
SlapSwitch™ provides solutions for some of the most active people on the planet. Runners, skiers, snow boarders, bicyclists, equestrians, mountain climbers, motorcyclists, hang gliders, search and rescue personnel, emergency response personnel, telephone operators, and other Smartphone users all benefit from the music and communication capabilities of their iPhones and other Smartphone devices, even while engaged in physically and mentally demanding activities.
The SlapSwitch™ allows a user to mute music and take calls, or terminate calls and start music, with a simple reflex action. The SlapSwitch™ is worn attached to clothing or placed in a pocket, where the user can easily reach it. The way to operate the switching function is to give the large button a gentle tap, and instantly pause music to answer a call.
The SlapSwitch™ noise-cancelling microphone works with all Smartphones and with most two-way radios. The microphone was designed especially for Smartphone users who need quality sound, even when they are in areas that have a high ambient / background noise. In most cases the SlapSwitch™ microphone outperforms OEM headset microphones and competing 3rd party units. It fits any Smartphone when used with the Uni™ (universal headset adapter), or any standard 3.5 mm, 2-wire, or 3-wire phone jack.
The SlapSwitch Uni™ universal headset adapter lets a user connect to any headset of choice, providing a safe and accessible way to take calls and control audio. The SlapSwitch™ Uni™ is the best way to use any Smartphone headset, headphones, or microphone hands-free.
The SlapSwitch Uni™ is the perfect solution for hands-free music and communications in a car, or in more demanding environments where fumbling to answer the phone can cause accidents, serious injury, or even death. The SlapSwitch Uni™ is the solution that allows the wearer to use any headset with an iPhone or Android Smartphone audio system, and also enjoy the simplicity, speed, convenience, and safety of the SlapSwitch™ technology. This technology is a new way to participate in extreme sports such as skiing, biking, rowing and other activities where hands-free communication is beneficial.
The SlapSwitch™ HeadCom™ system can be installed permanently in any helmet, or worn in the skull cap headliner provided with the unit. The skull cap can be moved from helmet to helmet, and is durable enough to be used all year round for outdoor sporting activities. The skull cap is made of a sheer spandex material that has been used extensively in the ski industry for helmet liners due to its comfort and durability. The HeadCom™ is equipped with high quality slimline headphones nestled securely in pockets over the ears. They will not fall out or move around, and block noise for clear hearing.
Being heard comes with ease as well, with the noise cancelling microphone featured in the chin strap of the SlapSwitch™ HeadCom™. It gives a user the ability to hear and be heard clearly while being active all day. Resting gently against the larynx, the microphone picks up your voice and filters out any other external noise. For any breaks you may need to take during your day the SlapSwitch™ HeadCom™ system features a convenient magnetic breakaway attachment point just below the collar. Just simply pull the magnets apart to remove the SlapSwitch™ HeadCom™ without removing any other gear to get to your phone. For the active person, who needs to be connected, the SlapSwitch™ HeadCom™ is truly the only solution.
See the YouTube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGGQyTxfHg&feature=youtu.be or go to the website, www.SlapSwitch.com, for demonstration videos, testimonials, and details.
Materials needed to produce the SlapSwitch™:
- Large button
- Switch technology
- Connection cords
- Skull Cap
- Sheer Spandex
SlapSwitch™ is currently available in two models, the “Headcom” and the “Uni” universal model, and both are available to demonstrate the design and functionality of the product.
The SlapSwitch™ is covered by United States Utility Patent: 9,742,895
The SlapSwitch™ is covered by United States Utility Patent: . 9,742,890
The SlapSwitch™ is covered by United States Utility Patent: 9,319,509
The SlapSwitch™ is covered by United States Utility Patent: 10,165,101
For additional information, licensing opportunities, and a full prospectus on the SlapSwitch™ contact:
VP of Business Development