Upcycled Coffee Products™
The Upcycled Coffee Products™ is a soap product containing recycled coffee grounds. The coffee grounds add color and a light aroma to the soap products, while finding a clever use for used coffee grounds.
The soap comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, and uses the recycled coffee grounds as an exfoliant. The soap can be shaped like a coffee cup and packaged in a commercial coffee shop to-go cup. It is handmade, all-natural, organic and is manufactured with different fragrances.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Handmade product
- Organic ingredients
- Vegan product
- Biodegradable packaging
- Unique gift idea
- Great promotional product
- Several scents available
- Uses recycled coffee grounds as an exfoliant
- Sustainable ingredient
- No coffee odor
- No discoloration of product
- Can be made in different shapes and sizes
- Quick production time
- No caustic chemicals used
The main reason we use upcycled (basically recycled for those who are unfamiliar with the term) coffee and espresso grounds is because they still retain their coarseness after being brewed. This is perfect for skincare because we shed skin cells every day. They collect ever so delicately on our bodies, but as most dermatologists agree, you should be exfoliating regularly.
When we collect our grounds from shops, we sanitize and treat them by dehydrating the grounds and bringing them up to a temperature of at least 200 degrees F. Then we go a step further. We grind down the coffee grounds even further to a fine powder, ensuring it will be a gentle exfoliant. Our recycled (upcycled) coffee soaps are also layered out so you can apply the grounds as you wish. Some like to get in there deep while others like a light scrub every once in a while, and that’s what we’re here for. We’re providing a sustainable, recycled, upcycled, and organic way to exfoliate with post-brewed coffee and espresso grounds.
Here’s a few reasons why we prefer recycled grounds:
- No coffee smell – the coffee has already been brewed. But don’t worry, we have an espresso fragrance for those of you who can’t get enough of that lovely aroma.
- No brown-water effect that you get with fresh grounds. If you’ve ever had fresh coffee grounds accompany you in the shower, it’s not pretty. It’s basically the same as brewing coffee in your bathtub. We’re not a fan of that and there is minimal brown-water, no need to pull out that magic eraser.
- It’s sustainable! Even though we do our best to use every ground we get, there will never be a shortage of coffee grounds. The consumption of coffee in New York alone is astronomical. However, we pride ourselves in the fact that we are still making a difference. That also gives YOU the comfort of recycling while you shower.
- 20% of our raw material is recycled. We haven’t heard of anyone else that can tote that percentage in the beauty world.
- Clean conscience and clean bod. There’s a joy to knowing that you are reducing waste while treating yourself to self-care. It just feels good.
Materials needed to produce the Upcycled Coffee Products™:
The Upcycled Coffee Products™ is covered by United States Utility Patent: 10,465,148
For additional information, licensing opportunities, and a full prospectus on the Upcycled Coffee Products™ contact:
VP of Business Development