The Foot Fort™ is specifically designed for use with a wheelchair. It provides protection to an injured foot by creating a shield around the front and sides of the right and/or left foot area.
The Foot Fort™ is easy to use. Simply slip it on to the end of a footrest after the patient is already seated in the wheelchair. It creates a bumper around the front and outside of the patient’s foot. It may also be easily adjusted so as not to touch the patient’s foot or ankle.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Simple way to protect the foot from recurring injuries while the patient is in a wheelchair
- Wheelchair user will feel more confident and comfortable while out and about
- Adjustable foot guard
- Provides a bumper-type protection to an injured foot
- Creates shield around the front and sides of the right and/or left foot area
- May be easily removed when no longer needed or not in use
- May be produced in various sizes and colors
- Reduces the risk of reinjuring the foot
- Easy to use
- Durable and comfortable construction
- Helps keep the foot from slipping off the edge of the footrest
- Can provide added protection to anyone who is in a wheelchair, even if the patient’s foot or ankle is uninjured
The Foot Fort™ has been designed to be easily attached to the footplate of a wheelchair.
This unique, adjustable wheelchair foot bracket includes at least one attachment member and at least one foot guard. The attachment member includes a first plate and a second plate that are disposed in parallel. The wheelchair footplate slides between the first plate and second plate. These two plates frictionally engage and attach to the footplate. The foot guard is disposed upon the attachment member.
Materials needed to produce the Foot Fort™:
The Foot Fort™ is covered by United States Utility Patent: 9,168,191
For additional information, licensing opportunities, and a full prospectus on the Foot Fort™ contact:
VP of Business Development